Christian Doctrine (MTh)
1 year (Full-time) / 2 years (Part-time) / n/a (Distance / E-Learning)
To offer knowledge and expertise for further research and/or a role in higher education or theological work in the churches.
- Facilitates a flexible programme of study geared towards the individual student.
- Small student-focussed tutorials rather than formal lectures.
- Draws on internationally-recognised expertise in Christianity from its inception to the contemporary era, which is sensitive to current issues in the public eye.
- Provides a subject-specific introduction to postgraduate study skills.
- Enables professional development needs for reflective learning.
Part 1 consists of a skills module and two optional modules which are flexible, with variability of content from year to year.
Current module options include:
- Christian Doctrine 1
- Christian Doctrine 2
- Christian Ethics
- Pastoral Theology
- Social and World Issues
- Spirituality and Pastoral Practice
- Theology of Mission
Supporting languages are also available: Greek, Hebrew and Latin.
Assessment is by written assignments of approximately 5,000 words.
Part 2 consists of a dissertation of approximately 16,000 words on a topic of the student’s choice, to be submitted at the beginning of September.
The course is suitable for graduates in Theology and Religious Studies and Humanities disciplines.
Applicants should possess a First or Second class UK Honours degree, or equivalent.
Note: International students pursuing part-time programmes of study are not eligible for Tier 4 (General Student) visas and must have alternative leave to remain in the UK if they intend to study at the University in person.
UK & EU Full Time for 2013/14
UK & EU Part Time for 2013/14
International Full Time for 2013/14
International Part Time for 2013/14
Next intake: September 2013
Name: Craig Gardiner
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2026 3379