Christian Ethics (MTh)
1 year (Full-time) / 2 years (Part-time) / n/a (Distance / E-Learning)
To offer knowledge and expertise for further research and/or a role in higher education, ordained ministry, chaplaincy and allied professions, particularly caring and educational professions.
- Draws on internationally-recognised expertise in Christianity from its inception to the contemporary era, which is sensitive to current issues in the public eye
- Facilitates a flexible programme of study geared towards the individual student.
- Small student-focussed tutorials rather than formal lectures
- Provides a subject-specific introduction to postgraduate study skills.
- Enables professional development needs for reflective learning.
Part 1 consists of a skills module and two optional modules which are flexible, with variability of content from year to year.
Current options include:
- Christian Ethics 1
- Christian Ethics 2
- Christian Doctrine
- Pastoral Theology
- Practical Theology
- Social and World Issues
- Spirituality and Pastoral Practice
- Theology of Mission
Assessment is by written assignments of approximately 5,000 words.
Part 2 consists of a dissertation of approximately 16,000 words on a topic of the student’s choice, to be submitted at the beginning of September.
The course is suitable for graduates in Theology and Religious Studies, Philosophy, members of some professional groups, e.g. nursing, medicine, RE teachers.
Applicants should possess a First or Second class UK Honours degree, or equivalent.
Note: International students pursuing part-time programmes of study are not eligible for Tier 4 (General Student) visas and must have alternative leave to remain in the UK if they intend to study at the University in person.
UK & EU Full Time for 2013/14
UK & EU Part Time for 2013/14
International Full Time for 2013/14
International Part Time for 2013/14
Next intake: September each year
Name: Rev Canon Dr Peter Sedgwick
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2056 3379